Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Sunday, December 31, 2006
11:21 PM
Reflections of 2006

It's the last day of the year 2006 and I would like to do some reflections on this year. Generally, I would say, this year is a year of transition for me. Lots of changes to me personally, in my life, perception, thinking, physique etc. NS has occupied 75% of my time in 2006, staying in camp, doing guard duty, slack in bunks, constructing bridges, field camp, route march which more of this to come in year 2007.

Some achievements made so far:
1. Passed my IPPT, able to do at least 8 chin-ups
2. Obtain SAF driving licence class 3 to 5, and passing the test in first attempt.
3. A level results

It's a blessing that I lived another year, full of ups and downs.

Some events which I will remember in year 2006:

*NS
*my short and brief stay in the Church charasmatic group.
*my deeper participation in the church music ministry
* the time when I learn to drive
*learning more about myself
*getting A level results
* my trip to Kuantan
* Easter Vigil Mass, and Christmas Eve Mass
* Sherine's resignation from the music ministry in June
*Ms Toh's wedding
*Cousin's wedding
*tekong, seletar camp and now Nee Soon Camp
*last piano lesson with Mr Ku before NS.
*2nd meeting with Shirin :D

(these are the events which I can recall at this point of time, I regret if I miss out any important events).

Looking back, I think I did change in person, which I know I did. Probably caused by the change in lifestyle and the wonderful church friends I have made. I guess one of the things which I will always treasure in year 2006 is those times spent with this great girl_friend of mine each weekend, (though not every week), her friendship, her positiveness etc. I guess I have enough said about my feelings towards her before things get a little mushy... and someone getting uneasy about it.... ;) but hopefully, this will remain in 2007 at least...

In conclusion, 2006 is a fruitful year to a certain extent for me in those tiny achievements, those friendships I have made and cherished, those skills I have acquired and the transition in me. Definitely, a year to remember...

Hope for the better for year 2007.

Happy New Year Everyone... :DDDDDDD


You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings