Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Saturday, October 21, 2006
12:46 AM
Journies...

Been driving around the Eastern part of Singapore for the past few days, to Tampines, Bedok and Pasir Ris. Driving needs full concentration, and I realised that Singapore drivers are so impatient with a "L" plate military driver in front of them. Driving is really an adventure, nearly got into another accident, due to my own carelessness. I was at a slip road near Bedok South Road and I overlooked a speeding car behind who has the right of way. Thankfully, the car stopped in time and I avoided an accident.

In the week, I managed to pass the Highway Situational Problem [(HSP) for short]. It's like an advance highway code test where you have to play with toy cars on a board which deplicts a road junction. A traffic situation is created for you by the tester, such as accidents and you are asked to answer verbally as specifically as you can on how you would react to the situation. If you miss out a major action which involves personal safety or safety of others, you will fail. I am glad that I passed in my first attempt, but I got too hysterical that I neglected the feelings of those who fail. :( Only 17 ppl out of 56 passed on the first attempt. My own platoon mates (those who failed) threatened to draw a line between us, only then I realised I have gone overboard and was deeply apologetic. They conspired to test my reaction by lying to me that they failed the re-test, but I am not that bad after all and I didnt mean to tease them at all. But all is fine after I apologised and explained to them that I didnt mean to make fun of them in any way.

After choir practice tonight, I thought it was hard to be somebody's 'angel', especially when the thinking of both person are different, different perspective, and you have to find ways to understand what she is going through. The irony is that it's the different perspective that impacted me in my life, the change in me etc. I just have to take things slowly and let the present be the way it is. Maybe she is borned to make an impact on people's life and I am the fortunate one receiving it? I can only pray that she can handle whatever she is going through since it's hard to unlock her heart sometimes and be physically and spiritually there for her if she really needs one. But then again, knowing her strong willed, independant personality, she will reject if you offer one... sighz.



You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings