My profile
Alphonsus Tan
Born in 1987, died in the 21st century
Archives
Credits
Image:
Getty Images
Layout by:
Peachiberri
Sunday, September 17, 2006
9:38 PM
Just Living the DaysIt has been a tiring week at Sungei Gedong, with overnight training (or is it waiting?) It's just that we wait for our turns to train more than hands on. We had no sleep on Tues/ Wednesday for 36 hours, but I manage to steal some sleep while waiting.Somehow after this week, I am more determined to leave the company I am in. I simply do not have the motivation to train, even when I tried to motivate myself, it's either training is being cut due to lunch or dinner.My morale was really low for the past 2 days, after being selected to stay back yesterday for remedial training. Study a thick 'textbook' about how to manage the equippment (sorry can't disclosed what equipment or else I will be sued for violating the Official Secrets Act... Can some budding lawyers out there tell me more about this Official Secrets Act? :)) for 3 hours and was expected to take a test yesterday night, passing mark was 35/50 or we are unable to book out. Unfortuanately, no one made the grade, till our OC lowered the passing mark to 30/50. Only 3 people managed to book out. I got 26/50. All the failures are to stay back till today 6pm and take the test again, and book out after the test irregardless of pass or fail. By then, I was completely depressed, and the worse feeling is that the passing mark was lowered to 28/50 after arguing with our OC.Many of us, who are Christians and Catholic decided to try our luck by saying that we have to attend church. Apparently, our wish is granted. I could not attend both 6.45am and 11am mass today as I was apparently asked to choose between one of them. Apparently, I made the wrong choice in choosing 11am. It's so strange that it struck me when I woke up in the morning today. Coincidentally, Audrey couldnt cover for me for 6.45am mass as she was feeling unwell. Suszan send me a SMS at 0710 hrs, asking me "Where's Audrey?" during Mass, LoLz. and Audrey sms me after that to inform me about her absence. Maybe it was a test from the One above?I think I have complained too much for the past two days, probably to vent my frustration. Well, as what Freddy taught about reframing our thoughts, the people selected for remedial training should be glad, cause their days in this company is numbered and I can finally leave this company.I am sick of sacarsms. Hopefully, it's just one of those days. I couldnt bother to elaborate more. Cant wait for the end of the course (which is next week) and hopefully I get posted out of this company, (not to Boat though).
Eagle's Wings