My profile
Alphonsus Tan
Born in 1987, died in the 21st century
Archives
Credits
Image:
Getty Images
Layout by:
Peachiberri
Friday, September 01, 2006
10:50 AM
Happy Teacher's DayHow I do miss the school days, with the school teacher's nagging, asking us to hand up our homework, passing to us information "for our own good". Don't we miss those days?Battalion's off since yesterday, but it's just my luck that I got guard duty this morning, and so here I am, on a sunny Friday morning at the keyboard typing, (after a rainy Thursday). It's always "Sunshine after the rain" isn't it?Well, maybe this guard duty is a way of me, getting to know my 'enemies', or rather some people that I have friction with in the past. Well, this guy in my platoon keeps 'marking' and 'bully' me and apparently, I thought I would dread this duty. However, my opinion is totally changed. I don't dread this guard duty (but it's still our off day!!!). Maybe the friction occurs because I am a 'serious' person while the other is a more 'playful' type (even at the age of 21???) and also partly because I am vulnerable to 'bullies'. It's all about learning to accept one another for who he/she is, isn't it? If you can't accept him/her for who he/she is, friction/arguements/quarrels/hatred is inevitable. Maybe I am now influenced by someone whom I admire. ;)Some things that I am displeased about:1) For us, the Thursday Prowlers have to stay back on wednesday night till yesterday evening without having a chance to book out, but for today's prowlers, they are allowed to book in today at 3pm (when they are supposed, by SAF rule, to book in yesterday evening at 2230 hrs).2) I think the guard commanders today for us, can be labelled as 'bustards' (in the army defination). Let me share what happen to one of our duties today. I was fortunate not to be involved in it. My poor buddy for prowler duties has to sign 7 more extra duties for a missing bullet rounds in his magazine (pls note: magazine= not the book which you read). The guard commander had apparently taken a round off the magazine and pass it to one of us. I was fortunate not to take that magazine but another magazine with the required number of rounds. My buddy didnt check his magazine before setting off to prowl, and when we report back to the guard house, he discovered that he got only 4 rounds instead of 5.Ah well, long weekend for me this week. Looking forward to Sunday (not the book in, definitely!)
Eagle's Wings