Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Sunday, September 03, 2006
4:40 PM
Happy Birthday to...

Frankie (nah, not his birthday), spoke to me about something regarding the issues of the heart, about issues of friendship and love. I thought about it, maybe I will just put my thoughts in a little story or a poem of "The Sun and A Tree", written by me. It's about the tree trying to express a message to the Sun. Pardon me for my bad grammar or vague expressions, but it's really something which I want to express to a person in particular.

"I was a lonely, young tree,
living in a dark, and stormy surroundings.
It rained each single day,
till I was totally weak and down.
I never spend a day without having to frown.

Things have changed after You came.
You provide the warmth,
to remove the coldness in my life.
You provide the light,
to remove the darkness in my life.

As days went by,
I grew stronger and taller,
benefitted by your presence,
loving each moment when You are around,
and loving and appreciating You as the days past.
Though raindrops of tears fall,
but You will always be there to evaporate it dry.

It's your role and nature, as You say,
to all those who is acquainted with You.
No special treatment or love,
to anyone or any individual.

I tried to grow taller,
hoping to reach you,
But I know by doing so,
I will hurt myself as forcing does not help,
and it will turn You away.

What I can provide,
are tiny red seeds, (up to you to guess what seed it is)
to fill up an empty bottle, enclosed up,
to express my feelings for You.
These bottle of seeds will never be opened,
or rather, till it's being opened
by You.

I can only wait,
appreciating and treasuring every single moment of warmth and light,
till the time is ripe,
for the seeds to sprout and blossom.
Moving back to the place of darkness is the last thing I want."

It's up to you to analyse and draw your own conclusions from this relationship between the Tree and the Sun. :) Regarding who/what/where/how/when the Sun is, it's up to you to guess. :D

Mass went well today, except for the recessional hymn for 6.45am when the entire tempo of the hymn is slowed down to half the original speed.

Had a little birthday surprise for.... Audrey during lunch, though it's very common/cliche for people to surprise one another with birthday cakes on their birthdays, till it becomes boring for the person celebrating his/her birthday. But as the saying goes, 'It's the thoughts that counts." :D

Happy (Belated) Birthday to the Birthday girl once again! :D



You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings