My profile
Alphonsus Tan
Born in 1987, died in the 21st century
Archives
Credits
Image:
Getty Images
Layout by:
Peachiberri
Saturday, September 30, 2006
3:54 PM
From Hell to Heaven...Yes. I finally got posted out of my previous company after a long wait to be posted. I had much wanted to get to HQ Armceg, due to the working hours, 8am to 5pm each day. However, God has given me something better than HQ Armceg in a way.What if I am posted to HQ Armceg?Pros:I can book out everyday and practise my pianoCons:I will do the same old stuff as what I did in Bravo, but maybe slacker.I will still stay in the same camp.I have to be involved in NDP 07 next year, which means many of my weekends are burnt (which I hate the most), which means that I cant attend mass on Sundays, and have to go confession because of that.Thankfully, I was posted to somewhere better: i.e. Engineer Training Institute.Pros:- Better Living conditions, the bunks are just much better off than Tekong bunks. You just feel like you are staying in a hostel, or a hotel or a chalet. The facilities there are much better, with commercial washing machine (which you have to pay for use), shower cubicles with DOORS, food vending machine etc.
- No more SOC, UFP (unit fitness programme--> some tiring exercise for people who can never pass SOC, 3 days a week, including Saturdays which my previous unit planned), ICCT and ACCT.
- Cook house with Television, which means that we can eat and watch television at the same time.
- No more NDP 07, unless called for.
- Get to learn driving due to my new vocation, getting a class 3 and 4 licence and even class 5.
- 90% sure of a friday evening bookout unless regimental duty on weekends.
Cons:
- The camp is much further, though not much.
- So far that's about it, hope not to compile a list of cons.
- Can't go back to practise piano, but can ask for nights out. But I believe He has his plans and will path the way out.
One thing I am glad is that I finally leave my old company. What I will miss is the countryside environment, with lots of fruit trees, picking up saga seeds, the different species of animals living in my old camp.
Special Thanks to all those who have been praying for me, and to Audrey, you had been so anxious to know where I am posted to. LoLz.
Eagle's Wings