My profile
Alphonsus Tan
Born in 1987, died in the 21st century
Archives
Credits
Image:
Getty Images
Layout by:
Peachiberri
Sunday, August 27, 2006
9:55 PM
Army Half Marathon and Sheares Bridge RunIt has been a long long week for me. It's rather unfortunate that our unit is involved in organising the Army Half Marathon this year. I would rather participate in the marathon than to organise it.Book in last Sunday, doing nothing for the first three days. The rehearsal starts only on Thursday. I was called to be in the "Winners Management Team" and to record the tag number of the Women's Open and Women's Veteran Category for the first 10 positionWe had a few rehearsals on how to speak to the winners. Fortunately, I was not called to be a "tagger" whose role is to accompany the top three finishers throughout the event after the race so that they might not get lost for the prize presentation. Many of the members of the Winners Management Team tries their best to discern whatever may happen on the actual day. For example, what will you do when the person whom you are supposed to tag suddenly faints? or What if the person finds you irritating? Some common lines are being rehearsed (like what to say to the winners), "Congratulations Sir/Mdm, you have came in first in the race. Please follow the instructions on the card." I guess I wasnt asked to be a tagger because I am anti-social?Overall, the marathon was a success on our part (according to our OC), though there are some cock ups here and there. Well, if there is any event (organised by the army) without any screw ups, I would be surprised. I need my sleep! Thank goodness there is still some human in our officer to allow us to book in at 8am tomorrow. Special thanks to Sherine for covering for me for this morning 6.45am mass though she is no longer in the ministry. Thanks. :DI had been listening to Beethoven's Piano Sonatas which I bought recently. I am trying to get into the habit of listening and buying classical music CDs for exposure and learning purpose. Oh yes, I have managed to learn the notes of Grieg's Piano Sonata in E minor, Op. 7, 1st movement at 60 crotchet beats per minute. Needs lots of polishing up to be perfect, but then, the perfect can never be perfect.The biggest problem with me is that I am not a good performer and the metronome is a musician's best friend. :D
Eagle's Wings