Many events have happened in the past 4 weeks, guard duty, confinement, field camp and also many many things happened in the music ministry.
It's the first time I get to experience the really bad side of the music ministry. Choir members begin to fight with each other, band members struck off each other names. For the first time, I was really unhappy with things in the music ministry, though it's a really minor issue, and that time, when bad things start to happen to me, it just happen in that way, as what Sherine said, we begin on the "wrong note".
Maybe this "wrong note" helps me to see and understand people and the music ministry better. Conductors change hymns because they "don't feel like teaching" the choir new hymns (or should I say due to time constrain?) Anyway, it's a commitment problem. If it's really time constrain, why not practice the hymn earlier?
I began to ponder a lot of things. People tend to dislike changes, especially if it's a major change, (even myself I don't). A change of style of playing, a change of hymns... But seriously, I am really comforted and happy with the Seraphim choir who are supportive and encouraging to me. Especially Frankie, who give me lots of advice and comfort when I am upset. The band too, tried to accomodate to my experimental chords... the 6.45am band (which I am currently playing for) are also flexible enough to remove their old way of playing.
Maybe God has been great in putting me with the Seraphims, whom I met nice people. I was given only 2 choices to play for, 11am or 6pm (Sun), but I choose 11am and really glad that I joined the 11am choir. Maybe my attitude will be different if I were to play for another mass.
Well, these are little obstacles that put me down in serving the ministry, but I know I will grow stronger with it and I know God has a purpose for me to serve in this church music ministry which will be slowly uncovered. :)
To be continued...