Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Saturday, July 29, 2006
11:12 PM
Life can be full of ups and downs at the same time, isn't it?

There are often a group of people in any society, who thinks they are cool and better looking, and often ostracise and make fun of those who is different from them, or who they think arent cool or ugly. Bleah. I hate this group of people.

Personally, I have been a victim of these people even up till now, nobody knows that I have to suffer in silence of such statement which affect my self confidence. People give me unpleasant names. Maybe, that's what people do to make themself look good, by ostracising the 'special' people.

A: "Your (refering to me) bag looks cool"
B: "Yeah, but the person carrying the bag looks like sh*t!"
Me: "..."

Get what I mean? These people will tend to pick on the 'special' people, bully and make fun of them when opportunity arise.

Not indulging in self-pity, this incident make me realise that we must love the 'special' people. I had a platoon mate who probably suffer worse than me silently, but he reacted with a smile whenever people make fun of him. Just because his IQ isn't at the same level as the norm? He just got posted out to another company. *sighz*

Despite this setback, it has been a fun week for me really. My first chance to operate an assault boat. Enjoyed myself this week. :)

No one really knows what I feel about myself. Even I do not know myself...

Maybe those people that are ugly, uncool, alienated or whatever will have to work on their character. Thank God that I was born ugly, so that I can work on my character.


You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings