Though I am not a strong supporter of National Service, these are somethings which I have learnt in my 4 weeks of NS:
1) If you dont push yourself, you wont improve. Here are some examples:
1st Ippt test:
2.4 km run: 14 min 30 sec
1st 2.4km cat test: (after a few days): 11 min 51 sec
2nd ippt test 2.4 km run: < 11 min 30 sec
Chin up 0 to 1
Standing Broad Jump: 198cm to 208 cm to 216 cm
Shuttle Run: 10.8 sec to 10.7 s to 10. 6 s to 10.5 s
Sit ups: from 33 to 42
Many times, our body will fail us, but remember to keep mentally strong. "Mind over body" Our body tends to give up easily, but in this situation, we have to depend on our mind. Many of the times, I give up whenever i fall or I am tired. This applies to many areas in my life, be it in music, relationships. In this way, we will never improve. But sometimes we do need motivation, a lasting motivation... only through pain, we can become stronger.
This shows that if i want to, I can do it.
Anyway, something great happened on wednesday. Well, let's say, something which i thought it was hopeless miraculously survived. To that person, if u are reading my blog, who sent me a belated happy birthday sms (u know who u are): although it's very late, it is certainly my best birthday present. It is always good to reconcile with a friend after months of cold war.
Well, somethings which I dont believe:
"Shag is for pussy" --> come on... this is what some sergants say. BUt then, not everyone has the same fitness level. It's normal to feel shag after a day of exercise. It's only when u give up easily, then probably u are a pussy...