Good Friday!
A day that is indeed good.
Wake up in the morning. Joined the choir for practice for 12.30pm service. This is something that keeps me motivated. No, i wasnt at the keyboard. :)
Played the organ for the children's liturgy at 3pm. The kids are cute. Watch the passion play acted by the children and followed by a short screening of Narnia, the part where the lion was killed.
Went for the Stations of the Cross at 7.30pm. Something struck me during the way of the cross.
A prayer which struck me:
I beg you Lord, to help me in accepting the partings that must come, friends going away, children leaving home etc.
This statement makes me reflect on my life. About how many of my true friends that come and go. I remembered my first best friend, (i remembered his name is Alvin Tan, a catholic like me too... was in the same nursery, kindergarden class as me in PAP Tampines East, stayed in block 210+ [216, tampines st. 21 if I didnt remember wrongly, I remembered I bought u a new pencil box for your birthday present when u invited me to your birthday party] but parted after he shifted house to other part of Singapore, remembered that his parents got divorced just after we parted). If you managed to read my blog, please leave a message. But i guess chances are slim, i dont even remember how you look like and how you are now.
I guess many of our relationships are like that. Friendship will detoriate if we do not keep in touch with one another for a long time, from a best friend to a total stranger. Unless you are talking about someone extremely special... and many times I feel sad about it.
Is friendship supposed to be treasured? Maybe a person with no siblings at all treasure friendship more than those with siblings, but his greatest weakness is keeping in touch with his friends unless he has the charisma. Chances of feeling lonely is high but got to learn to get used to it.
To Be continued...