Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
9:02 AM
Just a continuation of my previous entry before I am going to get my heads chopped off: (please read if you feel being victimised)

I probably should just summarise and make myself clear:

Firstly, some wrong interpretation of the previous entry:

1) I didnt say charasmatic is bad and am no means to discourage you from going. In fact, it is good for spiritual renewal. The danger comes when people are obsessed with it.

Some pointers:

1) Question what you see. Pray and ask. Because your opinions might change from what you perceived to be from God to what is from the dark side when you look into things further. Remember that the evil one can disguise themselves.

2) We can never fully understand the spiritual world, can we? What we know of the spirit comes from the bible itself. Unless you have the 'yin yang' eyes to see the spirits roaming about the earth in action. Therefore, I believe that it's fine to doubt, I do, and only believe when I can be assured it's the right spirit working. Yes, do remember that God works differently from each and everyone of us. So it's still safe to ask.

3) It's safe not to bring someone who is a non-believer to charasmatic prayer. Cause not many people will be able to take it, some people will be frightened off, Is that what we want? to scare people off? If you would like to bring someone to church, bring them for mass (where the correct mood is set) or (for other denomination, service (excluding the praise and worship part).

If you would like to know what some non-christians think of charasmatic:
Some quotes:
"It's satanic"
"It's like a cult and not a true religion"
"It's like a rock concert!"

As you can see, these are the wrong intentions that non-believers who wants to know Christ gets. Even if they are touched, they will have the wrong intention.

I have asked some people who has been to both charasmatic service and those solemn masses about their preferencial mode of worship: (out of 5 ppl that i know so far)

100 percent of them say that they prefer to attend mass than those charasmatic service.

Of course, the above statistics couldnt prove what the entire non-believers think as each individual has their own preference. But still, it's safe to bring them to those peaceful service and masses, because we want the non-believers of Christ to get the correct impression of us and not a rock concert or a cult. Not many people can take charasmatic service.

My apologies:

1) To those fervent, pious charasmatic go-ers. As long as you participate in these charasmatic things with the correct mindset, it is safe. Praise the Lord for he has touched you.

2) To those who feel victimised in the example which I quoted for "food for thought":

Many apologies to you. I am sorry if you see it as a personal attack. But I am providing my alternative views on what I see (after discussion with another person). Yes, I am in no position to judge whether it's God's grace or human instinct. Think harder. If you keep to your stand that it's God's grace, then so be it. Reminder: I dont understand the situation as well as you, I am just seeing it from my point of view, from what I know of the incident. This incident just struck me to give an example of somethings we should ask ourselves whether it's really God's grace or human instincts.

P.S: There is no use changing your blog website just to prevent certain people from viewing your blog. It just shows how weak your faith is when other people's slight challenge to your belief cause you to change your blog website! If you think I am wrong in looking at things, just point it out in your blog (and not changing your blog website). As mentioned, I am ignorant of the entire situation and that I am seeing it from my point of view. Go on and humiliate me in your blog and prove that I am wrong. I have already stated my intentions here. :)


You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings