Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Monday, January 23, 2006
12:23 AM
Some reflections done this week regarding certain issues that happen this week:

Charasmatic Prayer Group:

This week, I got my first taste of how playing for praise and worship is like. For me, I somehow feel that playing for mass is much easier than playing for praise and worship. It's an irony cause the style of playing for praise and worship should be free and more of guided by the Holy Spirit and for mass, it's more restricted in the sense. BUt somehow, maybe I am used to 'learned' style of playing though.

Btw, there is some research done that by speaking 'heavenly' languauge, our body immune system will improve. Well, dont ask me, go read up on yourself. So if you dont want to get sick easily, all you have to do is to speak in tongues for 20 min a day. ;)

Had my first touch on a worship songs. Nah, didnt go well. All I was given was the chords and the lyrics, no notes given and I am expected to improvise on the chords given. Nah, it's not easy, it really requires faith and spirit's guidance, which I am lacking. Alfred can handle it so well, glad to have his guidance. :D

Masses:

Hm, for this week weekday masses, I somehow got very frustrated. It's just that the congregation tend to slow the music down, and many times I find myself having to slow down (in many ocassions) to suit the tempo of the congregation. Some lively hymns has become a slow and lethargic music.

Towards the end of the week, I have been praying for the congregation that the spirit may also guide the congregation in their singing of the music, that they will not slow me down and also ask the Holy Spirit to guide me in my playing.

My prayers have been answered towards the end of the week. Hm, I just realised why the congregation always pull me back. Well, it's for me to know and for you to find out. Yes, it's partly my fault, no doubt about that, when things dont go well and you are involved in it, you have to learn to accept the blame. :D

Life and Death:

Uh huh, Fonzie is getting philsophical here. Some thoughts. I attended my friend's dad's funeral. Sighz, managed to pay my last respect to his dad even though I am not aquainted with his dad in one way or another before attending the funeral mass.

One thing that struck me the most is the testimony that a relative or friend gives in the funeral mass. Well, I remembered someone telling me before, what do you want people to say about you after you died?

I admire my friend's family is their faith in God. Even though his father is in coma, his mother still keep faith in God and attend the parish assembly.

When God calls you, you have to be prepared to leave everything behind, just to serve him and be with him. If you have paid attention to the Sunday's gospel readings when Jesus chooses his disciples...

Friendship:

This week, or rather recently, had an experience of a friendship that totally fails. One advice: Love will turn to hate when it dont goes well. My dear friends, don't be blinded by love, especially for the guys. You may like it, even though the way the girl pinches you, how she teases you, calling you 'mean', looks can be deceiving, you may find a girl sweet, you will end up liking whoever she is...

And my dear friends, please do not call me or say things such as "You are my friend and will always be" and stop saying that "you need me", when you obviously dont. I, as a friend, (if i were to treat u as a friend), I will care and do my best to help in whatever help you need. If you keep telling me "YOu don't understand" whenever I try to help, I will eventually not care about you anymore, not even when you approach me. You will be able to tell who is dear to me as a friend, or just mere acquaintance, or 'friends' in disguise. I know who can be a friend, who doesnt. (and of coz... these depends on the situation... so dont try to do this... I am just using some recent example).

I am still waiting for a reply. Well, no reply just shows that the level of friendship is wasted and all that friendship bonds are wasted. Let God decide. Someone have to make a first move. How I wish dogs can talk, dogs are better than some humans.

That's all folks.

I cant wait for CNY. Playing for 3 masses next Sunday, 6.45am, 9.30am and 11am!. Yup, this will explain my busy schedule for the first day of CNY. But anyway, isnt it good to visit God's house first before visiting your other relatives? :D


You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings