Flooble recommended.
My profile
Alphonsus Tan

Born in 1987, died in the 21st century

Archives

Credits
Image: Getty Images
Layout by: Peachiberri
Friday, January 06, 2006
1:43 AM
I had to comfort a friend who is heartbroken as he got rejected (name not to be mentioned) by a girl. Well, he just got baptised as a christian. But one thing, one question that he asked that struck me "Is this part of God's plan?"

Well, I just shared with him my own personal experience. He has made use of me in a way to deepen a person's faith, to bring that person closer to Him, and she eventually did from someone who just go to church every Sunday to someone active in Church and she is not baptised yet. And the turning point comes after when she attended a seminar with me. After which, I did feel being made use of. In devil's words, I felt like a big, idiotic stupid fool. I am a fool to even have feelings for her. Come to think of it, if I havent got any feelings for her, I wouldn't have been so active in bringing her to church, I probably wouldnt have bring her to the seminar, and probably she wouldnt have deepen her faith in God yet... (of course, these are words from the dark side), but come to think of it, even if I didnt, He will call another person to do the job if He really wants to. Now, the evil ones are trying to laugh at me for being a big fool and mocking at me for being silly. You can say, I am both bitter, sore but happy at the same time. Now that she has deepen her faith in a way, I am not needed anymore, as many of the camp friends will guide her along. So is the making use of me part of His plans? I would say it is.

But my dear friend, we wouldnt know His future plan for us. If I were to continue to feel bitter, I will slowly turn away from God. But we should always put our trust in Him. For my case, maybe he is just giving me a break, or maybe he wants me to do something else, maybe I am not worthy person to continue (lots of possibilities?). Sometimes I would like to shout "Remove her from me now" to remove any emotional attachment, but then this may not be what he wants. Maybe there are other better girls plan for you and me.. (of course this sentence is mere consolation) (maybe this is not the right time for us to get into a relationship yet.. come on.. how many relationships that begins at the age of 19 last till marriage???)

I have been rejected many times before.. just like you claim you have been. Sometimes I do admire those people who are attached as young as 13. But what do they experience? Pain of breaking up, some regretted getting to relationships, some silly ones vowed not to get to another relationships, some ended up not taking relationships too seriously, some scared of getting hurt again. Sigh, for us, we just have to feel the pain of being rejected (which is equally painful) while the opposite party is able to move on with life, probably laughing at us, mix around with people, socialise while we immersed ourselves into depression, lack of self confidence.

In comforting you, my friend, I am trying to comfort myself. I am trying to move on, as much as you do. We have to give up, just as the pain of giving up hurt alot. It's hard to forget someone and be friends with her at the same time. Sometimes I wish to tell her, Get Out of My Sight and avoid any visual contact with her, but putting friendship at risk. My friend, let's be patient, let go and trust God that He has a better plans for us. I am trying to accept that He has a better plans for us... it's hard... and I am encouraging you to trust God too...

Sighz... How great would it be if we are freed from love, hatred, or any emotional attachments...


You who dwell in the shelter of the Lord
who abide in his shadow for life
Say to the Lord, "My refuge,
my rock in whom I trust!"

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

The snare of the fowler will never capture you
and famine will bring you no fear
Under his wings your refuge,
His faithfulness your shield

And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

You need not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
though thousands fall about you,
Near you it shall not come.
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

For to his angels he's given a command
to guard you in all of your ways;
up on their hands they will bear you up,
lest you dash your foot against a stone
And He will raise you up
On Eagle's wings
bear you on the breath of dawn,
make you to shine like the sun
and hold you in the palm of his hand

Eagle's Wings