First of all, Happy New Year.
My first entry of year 2006. Well, it's a good way to start a new year with the Solemity of Mary, Mother of God. (this one i am sure the christians will reject).
Realised that my hp is lagging. With many people sending smses to wish everyone a Happy New year. I only received Audrey's sms saying that " I am trying to fight my way to the mrt station (obviously go for countdown)" during the time when she is online at home. See the lag time? About 1 hour.
Well, how did the New year go? Hmm, in the morning about 12 to 2 am, sending smses wishing everyone happy new year. (realised i spelled Peace as Piece... only spotted by Audrey which is too late.) Yeah, mass sms ppl the same message... lol.. and no one bother to point out the spelling error???...
Well, it's ironic that the first person that I received a new year greetings from is *****e. But I am sure I am not the first person she wished Happy new year. Oh well, no superstition intended. Oh... and i had a very depressing dream in the morning, well I dreamt that a friend of mine.. (my sec sch classmate in sec 1 and sec 2) told me that *****e (uh huh... maybe u would know...) would
NEVER like me (strange is that they dont know each other or have yet to know each other in my dream).
Maybe that's the truth, that's the lie. lolz. Well, it maybe fate's sense of humour. Maybe it's a form of affirming that I should let go. If I say, my heart is still waiting for this day (that is opposite of my dream), I am telling the truth. Well, after what she tells me in MSN on 31st December (ysterday morning)..., she is indirectly telling me something.
And as mentioned in the previous entry, I have finally realised the pains of someone who experience a breakup (no, we aren't at all a couple, we are NEVER together), especially letting go of someone whom you loved so much. Well, at least be glad and thank fate that both of you were ONCE together for those broken couples coz the pain of breaking up will be shared by 2 ppl. HOw about those one sided relationship plus good friends, memories, when the other party just have to say No.. and the pain of this is suffered by one person, and the thought of giving up the idea doubles the victim's pain. (I know when it's not an inflauation.)
U can say that I have this 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% hope. I hope I am thinking too much. Only 1 living person can affirm that I am thinking too much.
Year 2006 gives me a new beginning. Played my 1st mass of the year, 11am. Father Micheal Gitner gives a talk about Mother Mary. Well, to all Catholics out there, we should be glad that we have a complete Spiritual Family, God Our Father, Mary Our mother, Jesus our brother. That's what a family should have, A father and a mother. A family without a Father or a mother is a broken one, it causes many problems, it's well illustrated in our local context, how many problematic children are there that comes from a family without a Father or mother??? To all the non-catholics (but are christians who don't pray to Mother Mary or accept her as our Spiritual mother), many of you ppl don't understand the role of Mother Mary. You people quoted the bible well, "Christ is the single mediator between God and Man". Yes, it is true. But we have claimed to be "one in God's Family" What does a family mean to you? God as our Father, Jesus as our brother and where is our mother? or your concept of a family is a broken one without a mother??? Why do we ask and pray to Mother Mary to intercede for us?? Imagine that you have an elder brother or any sibling. Who are we to order or ask our siblings to do things for us (since we called Christ as our brother, so we belong to the same generation), of course, Mary being the mother of Christ and our mother, who is so loving, so understanding, will be able to ask her son. Christ being an obedient son, will listen to his mother, Mary. Of course, I am not trying to say that Christ don't answer our prayers. Just that Mary's words will hold more weight than ours. Would you listen to your siblings more or parents more?My catholic friends, do not be afraid of christian friends who ask you or debate with you "Why do Catholics pray to Mary?" But one thing for sure, be prepared to be rebuked with many bible quotes (based on my personal experience with my christian friends), and other cross references to the bible. Read the bible with understanding and not to be too rigid in the bible, doing cross references, lifting passages after passages. Always pray to Mother Mary, believe that she can intercede for us to her Son and our brother, Christ Jesus.To the Christians reading this entry: First, this entry is not to attack against you, but rather to explain why Catholics pray to Mary which you often ask. I do admire your knowledge and accurate lifting of the bible scripture, it's your deep knowledge of the bible that inspire me to know the bible well. No sacarsm intended..Read this entry with an open mind, just as I have to accept your faith with an open mind. This blog is just to answer your question "Why do Catholics pray to Mary?"Yup, went to Tampines Mall with Clement after mass. I hope you do enjoy your day in Holy Trinity Church. I apologise for not being able to show you around the Church. Thanks for visiting Holy Trinity. :D